Arizona Shelters Offering Free Pet Adoptions For Holidays
While most Arizonans may not get a white Christmas this year, they can share in another classic Christmas tradition: the gift of a new, furry member of the family. The Bissell Pet Foundation (BPF) will completely cover or reduce pet adoption fees through their annual “Empty the Shelters: Holiday Hope” event from December 6 to 20.
The following are participating in the Holiday Hope event:
- Arizona Humane Society: PetSmart in Old Town Scottsdale and their South Mountain location in Phoenix
- Maricopa County Animal Care & Control: East Valley Animal Care Center in Mesa and West Animal Care Center in Phoenix
- Heidi’s Village in Phoenix (reduced to $25)
- Arizona Animal Welfare League & SPCA in Phoenix (waived for pets over 1 year old)
- Humane Society of Sedona (waived for pets over 7 years old, reduced to $25 for all others)
- Humane Society of Yuma
- Chino Valley Animal Shelter (reduced to $25 for pets over 1 year old)
See more participating locations here. Those not interested in adopting may donate to cover the adoption fees for another family.
Since BPF launched its Empty the Shelters events in 2016, over 67,700 animals have been adopted. This year, over 200 shelters across 40 states are participating.
Read more about BPF’s origins and mission here.
Corinne Murdock is a reporter for AZ Free News. Follow her latest on Twitter, or email tips to email@example.com.